Are you looking for stress relief during COVID-19?
The California Surgeon General has a simple guide to help support your mental and physical health.
Check out these 6 Steps Stress-Busting Strategies:
- Supportive Relationships: Maintain your supportive relationships with family, friends, and coworkers. Don’t call, visit them : Zoom, Skype, FaceTime, and Facebook are platforms you can use.
- Exercise: 60 minutes a day: It doesn’t have to be all at once. There are a variety of ways to get your body moving. Check out YouTube for Exercise Videos. If you have a gym membership, see if they offer group classes online or other digital platforms. Have fun! Host a virtual dance party with your friends. Hula Hoop, Jump Rope, explore your surrounding neighborhoods on walks.
- Healthy Sleep: Create a sleep pattern: go to sleep and wake up at the same time each day. Shut down the TV, phone, computer and video games a half hour before going to bed. Sip on hot tea or milk before hitting your pillow and avoid caffeine in the afternoon or evening.
- Nutrition: Proper nutrition isn’t about losing weight. Eat the right foods to help combat stress. Schedule your meals and avoid snacking between them. Cut refined carbs, high fat, and foods high in sugar. Reduce your alcohol consumption.
- Mental and Behavioral Health Support: Seek mental health care as needed with a psychotherapist, psychiatrist, or substance abuse counselor. Schedule a video or phone session. 12 Step Recovery Fellowships are meeting on Zoom worldwide. If the getting the news stressing you out? Then, limit watching the news on TV or reading about it on social media outlets. Are you looking for help? Resources available here.
- Mindfulness: Practice mindfulness with meditation, yoga, or prayer for 20 minutes twice daily. Check out apps like Headspace and Calm. Find a guided meditation on YouTube.
Remember, you are not alone during these unprecedented times. Check out the California Surgeon General’s Playbook: Stress Relief during COVID-19 here: https://files.covid19.ca.gov/pdf/wp/california-surgeon-general_stress-busting-playbook_draft-v2clean_ada-04072020.pdf Are you looking for career change? Personal Trainers promote health, wellness, and community building. Visit https://afna.edu/how-to-become-a-personal-trainer/ for more information on how to become a certified personal trainer in 8 months.