The ACSM exam has only been provided in approved testing locations with proctors up until now. With our current times, ACSM has added an online option for the certification exam. You can now take the ACSM Personal Trainer Exam from the comfort of your own home.
The first step will require you to run a system test on the computer that you wish to take the exam on https://home.pearsonvue.com/acsm/onvue. The computer you choose will need to have audio and webcam functions. Once you have tested your system, you will be ready to schedule your exam.
There are system requirements that you must meet in order to take the exam from your computer.
- The exam requires Windows 10, Windows 8.1 or Mac OS 10.13 and above.
- You will not be able to take the exam on a tablet.
- You will need to use the newest versions of Microsoft Edge, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox or Internet Explorer 11.
- Wired network > wireless network
- Webcam must have a minimum resolution of 640×480 @ 10 fps
- Internet Cookies must be enabled
- Any Pop up Blocking must be disabled
AFNA is here to help you sign up for your first exam with ACSM. If you do choose to take the exam online, you should run the system test on your chosen device to ensure its compatibility before signing up. If you would rather take the exam at an approved location, AFNA is here to help you with that as well. The exam location is entirely up to you. There are many testing sites around the state and country for you to choose from.