How often do you find yourself scrolling through Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Youtube, etc? You are one of over 4 billion active users across social media. These users spend an average of 2 hours on different social media platforms every single day. Those are eyes that you could potentially reach with your business.
The first thing you need to do is start with a plan. Similar to reselling, you want to start with a SMART plan – make it Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Timely.
- Specific – make your social media goal specific. Do you want to increase engagement on your account? Do you want to gain new followers? Retain your current followers? Get more responses on your stories or posts?
- Measurable – make your goal measurable. How many followers do you want to gain in a week? If you make your Instagram a business profile, you will gain insights into how your profile is performing and it will show you how many followers have followed or unfollowed you.
- Attainable – your goals may not be easy and sometimes the end goal may seem unreachable BUT you should make sure that your goal is something you can reach if you put in the required work
- Relevant – when deciding on your goals, make sure that it makes sense for what you want in your business. Are you trying to increase your Instagram followers? How will this help your business. you need to make sure that your goal with social media is something that will help generate business for yourself.
- Timely – always include a deadline for your goals. This will make you accountable and help you towards completing your goal.
Stay tuned for next week’s post as we continue to dive into how to use social media to help build your business.