Looking for a certification in the field of Fitness Training? The ACSM-CPT is considered the gold standard for health fitness and personal training certifications. The topics covered throughout the ACSM course focuses on both practical and scientific knowledge in the field of personal training.
The ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) Certified Personal Trainer Certification has a few requirements:
- Must be 18 years and older
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have a CPR/AED Certification – currently there is a 6 month grace period after passing the ACSM exam to complete the CPR certification but there has been an update to that rule
The ACSM exam is divided into 4 domains:
- Initial Client Consultation and Assessment 25%
- Exercise Programming and Implementation 45%
- Exercise Leadership & Client Education 20%
- Legal & Professional Responsibilities 10%
At AFNA, we provide free tutoring for the ACSM exam for all our current students and past graduates. Our instructors have set tutoring hours that students can sign up for. In addition to tutoring sessions, we also provide practice material. Once a student is ready for the exam, we assist our students with signing up for the exam, which can be done in person or online.